Thursday 11 March 2010

Geoengineering feedback

Quite a while back I submitted a response to a Channel 4 query concerning geoengineering, and I copied this here. Needless to say, and much as I predicted, I never heard a thing back about it. Anyway, through a rather circuitous route, I've found that Channel 4 did prepare an article on the topic, and they did use what I sent them (although only a small fraction of it). Still, I can't complain since I got three short paragraphs to myself, and I was one of only six scientists they quoted. Clearly my campaign to become a media-whore continues. The full article can be found here.

In other news, another survey that I completed for our funding agency has spawned a public, sorry, stakeholder engagement programme to gauge wider views on geoengineering. It's open for anyone to complete, and the more people who do, the better. It can be found here.

No comments: