Friday 25 December 2009

Christmas creativity

I'm completely useless at making anything myself by hand. Fortunately, the magic of the internet means that, as long as I can turn something into a digital file, someone else can turn it into a physical item for me. So, this year I've tried to knock up a couple of presents for C this way.

First up, her favourite novel as a Penguin-style mug ...

Present 1

Next, ripping off the local artist Tina Bird Wallbridge to make a stylised map of our local neighbourhood ...

Present 2

1 comment:

Anne said...

Very nice! I know she'll love these! I made my dad and stepmom a travel brochure . For Valentines day, or maybe Christmas next year, everyone in my family is getting comic books made from the images my 2.75year old nephew took with my camera today, when he just picked it up and started snapping.

HAPPY BELATED BDAY, By the way. Was thinking about you, but never when I was near a computer. Stressful here, Gg's mom is visiting for the holidays...