Friday 17 July 2009

Pandemic-watch

Got an interesting note from Brother John today regarding the ongoing flu pandemic. As part of his research, he's been involved in the development of a website that allows users to sign-up and report their "flu status". The idea being that it'll allow the health profession to better monitor and respond to the expanding pandemic. Needless to say, faced with an easy-to-use interface and the opportunity to spot an approaching tidal wave of infection, what could I do but sign up ...


When I signed-up this morning, I was only one of two people in Southampton, but as of now there are about nine in the city, of which about half are reporting "respiratory symptoms". These people may even be NOCS denizens since I forwarded Brother John's request for participation around the building. How exciting! (Until I get the flu, of course.)

No comments: