Friday 21 September 2007

Strange News From The Plankton

I wonder what people write on their very first blog posts? The obvious: "Hello world"; "Testing, Testing, 1-2-3"; "This is the diary of Adrian Mole aged ..."? Or do people just get right into it and start as they mean to continue: "Had meeting with Ron at 12 noon ..."; "Excellent dinner at Claridges ..."? Getting over the initial bump of self-consciousness seems to be the most important thing from here. Because it's a blog, I suppose there's a risk that someone other than me might one day read it, but it'd be missing the point to write for an audience. This is simply a way to backup my memories in the face of my appalling memory, and the likely event of inherited Alzheimer's. On that note, I'm just going to self-consciously publish this and then and get on with the rest of my life. What's the worst that could happen?

No comments: